I used the sets Secret Garden WM131940/CM129144 and Papillion Potpourri WM132058/CM123759 to create this card...
|Night of Navy cardstock highlighted with Marina Mist and Whisper White on the matting.|
|Lucky Limade with Rose Red on Pretty in Pink|
Then the fun began with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede cardstock - inked and coloured with Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals and Summer Starfuit - Stampin' Up! 2012-2014 In Colours.
|The finished product - loving white at the moment, the crispness it add to cards is price less.|
|A little close up so you can see the texture of this card.|
For this one I added Pacific Point and Mellon Mambo Cardstock to brighten and highlight the coloured (in the same) flowers and butterflies
- Stamp image with craft ink or Versamark and emboss with white embossing powder.
- Using your aqua painter and white craft ink paint the insides of the flowers and let dry or speed up with your heat tool.
- You can leave the colouring at this or you can either colour with markers or blender pens or Aqua pen and ink.
- A slant on the technique is to use the marker/blender pen to colour where it would be darkest ie near the shadows of the petals, flower centres etc, and with your aqua painter pull that colour from the marker over the white wash.
- As a final touch you can spray the card lightly with Vanilla Smooch to give that shimmer of flowers.
If this is a little confusing click HERE to watch a You Tube video - got to love You Tube!Let me know how you go with this technique - as you can see, I LOVE IT,