Friday, July 13, 2012

Ornament Punch Art

This is a beautiful punch used mainly for Christmas, but I wanted to show you how I've used it for Christmas cards... and a little more.
The photo is not great, late at night is the only chance I get to take photos, but the idea is to show you a 3D example (LHS) of the punch and the punched out image popped onto the card (RHS).  I have used Confetti white, and real red on the LHS, Whisper white and Real red on the RHS example.  I used 121502 Delightful Decorations on both with 121500 Curly Cute and dry embossed the RHS example with 120175 Vintage Wallpaper scuffed with real red.


I do love this punch and coordinating stamp sets, in this case 121502 Delightful Decorations with 116340 Baroque Motifs and 115930 Many Merry Messages in Real Red and Garden Green yes with a little glitter and diamonds
Even when you layer this punched image it simply looks great.  121498 Contempo Christmas, glitter on poppy parade and pear pizzazz highlighting.  I made over 20 of these for people on my Christmas card list.

In reverse colours and diamonds for the Delightful Decorations centres.

So how else you can use it ? - flowers, a vase, tags or even fish (coupled with sections of the 5-petaled flower punch 119880)
There is more you can do with this punch - you can make a magnolia flower, an acorn and use it as a face for an angel or the body of an angel, squirrel or gum nut baby, just to name a few.

I will endeavour to add another sample card of ideas including the angels and any more ideas I have stumbled upon on our SU demonstrator site and everyone's best friend "Google".

Bye for now








No comments:

Post a Comment