Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Cards 2

Over the month of October and November I started looking for inspiration for making my Christmas cards and found many.  So today, Card 2 of my Christmas card creations - I cheated really; I used the negative (as a stensil) of the Snow Flurry Die (127813) from the Christmas Cards 1 post, and simply sponged colour (use ink directly from the pad or if you have chalks, use them for a softer effect) around the edge of the card and over the stensil.  The centres of the snow flakes are highlighted with our wonderful silver glimmer paper (124005) and our Merry Minis punch pack (126882) and half inch circle punch (119869) below.  Centres can be pearls, buttons or what ever you fancy.

It does seem I am having a blue Christmas - Marina Mist and Real Red are the inks used on this card
 a close up so you can see the effect and that beautiful glimmer paper.

A slight change of colour...
and I used tempting turquoise on this one
OK a real change of colour LOL...does look good...
This is sooooooo quick to make I thought I'd better break the blue mould and make a purple one - Perfect Plum.
 
Thanks Rach for taking the time to photograph and watermark all of the cards.  Love your work.

 So between Christmas Cards 1 and 2 you can easily make these simple cards for your loved ones using both the cut out and left over stensil.  Remember there is no reason these creations and effects cannot be incorporated into your scrapbooking or 3D projects or even to make your own Christmas paper.

Enjoy your crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment