Sunday, March 3, 2013

Female Cards - Fresh Cuts

 
The versatility of stamping was easily demonstrated with this retired stamp set "Fresh Cuts".  It was the set I used when I was learning techniques and here is the collection of cards I made in my early days.  If you are looking for a stamp in the current catalogue that you could use instead of Fresh Cuts, may I suggest Postage Due (W126395 / C126397) or Just Believe (W121540 / C120453) or Pleasant Poppies (W126480 / C129499).

This is a simple Mothers Day card designed by a very dear friend and fellow demonstrator Sherenne.
She hand held me through the meetings, catalogue launch and how to's.  I am a slow learner in that I have to be shown with extensive explanation, stepped through as I actually make the project and then do the same project under instruction - I have come a long way with confidence and knowledge since then.  My sincere thank you to you Sherenne for stepping me through and being so friendly, nurturing and inspirational.

Stamped in Lovely Lilac on confetti white and mounted on Very Vanilla with Lovely Lilac highlights, this card was designed by Sherenne and used for the catalogue launch - my first.

This card was cased from an amazing creator on the web.  I do not know who so if it was you please leave a comment or e-mail me so I can credit you for a truly gorgeous card.

I cased this card and unfortunately I cannot tell you where from.  I used Rich Razzleberry and Pink Pirouette on Whisper White. I love this card.

SU had these wonderful pre-cut cards, I loved them.  I stamped on the front, popped the petals out and lined the inside of the card with cardstock of the same colour - in this case Melon Mambo.  I tore the edge and then with a re-inker and paintbrush inked the torn edge.  Last but not least, I stamped the centre flower from xxx, punched it out and with a brad mounted it in the middle of the card.



Just a bit of fun with colours here, Perfect Plum, Lovely Lilac, xxx and xxx
It did not take me long to fall in love with the colour Old Olive...technique learned here is sponging

Stamped then sponged with Old Olive, this image is then mounted on Pumpkin Pie.



Last but not least, embossing. I love the raised effect, powder embossing gives.  SU embossing powered is one of the finest on the market which means it pick up all the fine detail of finer stamps, and look at how the black glossy embossing powder gives this stamp an whole new dimension.

Looking closer at the embossing and how well the powder picks up the detail of this stamp.

Black, Whisper White and Bashful Blue is a purrrfect combination for demonstration colour likeness and layering
Thank you for stopping by and having a look, I hope you are inspired to use any of your stamp sets in a different manner.  Stay warm and dry and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment