Saturday, March 2, 2013

Wedding & Cards of Love 2

Stampin Up Hearts Collection Framelits 125599 are a must to add to your die collection.  I was asked to make wedding card samples and hearts are generally used on Cards of Love, so I saw this as a great opportunity to use the SU heart collection framelits and experiment with colour.

Black and white with the shimmer of silver was the basic idea, but then I added some colour with the pink - Melon Mambo.  The greeting is embossed using white embossing powder.  How I love SU embossing powders simply because of how fine they are, just look at the detail!

SU Rhinestones balance the card out nicely.
and a little closer too see the detail in the flowers
and a little closer there...detail of the butterfly and flowers again


So then my attention turned to the Dress Up framelits 130101 and I began to play again, keeping in with the Black, White and Silver...

The background is embossed with the Stripes EF 123128
 
A closer look at the ticket dress cut and pearls, just LOVE that silver glimmer paper 124005!
Last but not least, I've gone to purple;  you can of course use any colour you wish,  but I used Wisteria Wonder.  This is a simple layout that can be use with any shape - heart, butterfly, flower, animal, it really does not matter...

French Foliage (W123557 / C121166) has wonderful splats that are great at breaking up the background.  Overlay coordinating ribbon on top of the base card and under the focal point of the card and you have a very pretty card.
I sprayed Frost White Shimmer Paint 116854 (mixed with rubbing alcohol in an SU Spritz126185) diagonally across the card to give that gorgeous shimmer for a wedding card.

Three more simple ideas for cards of love that can be used for the occasion of wedding, engagement, anniversary or even valentines day.

Thank you for stopping by and having a look and please leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment