Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Dinosaur Train Birthday Party - The Invitation and Train ticket

I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and I love card making.  Each year I make a special invitation for the invitees of Ben's birthday celebrations.  This year Ben wanted a Dinosaur Train themed party with Ol' Spinosaurus as the focus.  Ben requested the presence of the Pteranadon family, Ol' Spinosaurus and the actual dinosaur train on his invitation and I wanted to make a side step card. 

This is what I came up with. 

The images were sourced from google images, printed and fussy cut - thanks to Heather for helping with this tedious job x x x for you. The card is a side step card, for instruction please go HERE.  I played with the card folds until I got the above effect of the Pteranadon's flying in the background of Ol' Spinosaurus and the Dinosaur Train in the foreground with the invitation details to the side.
From the side you can see the steps that enabled me to create the effect of foreground, centre and background.
Step side cards are so versatile and easy to make, and I love the depth they offer.  This is a copy of my template, please note the instructions are in imperial as per the link.

Instructions
I started with an A5 piece of paper and cut it down to 8". 
I then measured in 2 1/4" from the side and cut from 3/4" to 6 1/2". 
I turned the card on its side and scored the larger section from the cut line to the edge at 3/4", 1 1/2", 2 3/4", 6 1/2" and then across the width of the card at 4".  Score board is excellent for this especially if you are making multiples. 
The card collapses with encouragement, mountain, valley, mountain folds.  Dress as you please!

Let me know what you think of this Dinosaur Train themed Invitation by leaving a comment.  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment