Monday, February 8, 2016

Stampin' Up! Bloomin Hearts Thinlit die - 2up 1

Doubled up, the Stampin' Up! Bloomin Heart is a beautiful piece that looks great doubled up and particularly appealing for a Wedding or Anniversary card.  It is my in-laws anniversary shortly and that is what I made for them...

A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Bloomin Heart thinlit die
This is how I made the card - first I cut out a Smokey Slate frame on which my layers will sit.  I used the Stampin' Up! trimmer and cut out the rectangle with my blade ensuring that there was enough for a boarder but not any showing in behind the hearts, ensuring I maintained a pink pirouette background.
A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Bloomin Heart thinlit die
 I then cut out the hearts out of Pink Pirouette, overlapping the second cut over the first...

A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Bloomin Heart thinlit die
I cut out hearts in Smokey Slate and Blushing Bride Glimmer paper...and cut down the smokey slate cut out to allow the Glimmer paper dominate.  
A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Bloomin Heart thinlit die

 The cut outs fit very nicely in the frames - like a jig saw puzzle...nice!

A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Bloomin Heart thinlit die
I then embossed the frame with Elegant Dots and sat the cut outs to ensure everything still fitted nicely...

A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Bloomin Heart thinlit die
  I then assembled the card...

A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Bloomin Heart thinlit die
 and added the greeting and shaped the flowers - also from the Bloomin Heart thinlit die set.
A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Bloomin Heart thinlit die

 The shaped layered flowers added the elegance to the card it was desperately missing...

A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Bloomin Heart thinlit die
Love it? I certainly do - I'm sure Pete's parents will love it.  This will be featured in a class, so check out my events page for details. Next post will showcase various colour combinations.

Yours in paper craft, 

No comments:

Post a Comment