Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Stampin' Up! Painter's Palette

Stampin' Up! Painter's Palette is an awesome addition to anyone's stamp collection.  The easel can be popped up, used as an easel frame, picture frame and more...But first to launch the new Stampin' Up! catalogue I wanted something a little fun - still keeping it simple (KISS the theme of the launch) but fun...a shaker card on a gate fold...
A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Painter's Palette Gate fold Shaker card.
First I divided the length of the card stock by 4 and scored at 1/4 and 3/4 of the measurement eg if the card length was 8" score at 2" and 6".  In the land of Oz our cardstock is a different measurement to that in US.  Fold these two flaps over and there is your gate fold - yep that easy!  Then I stamped the cover with the background stamp "Hardwood" x Stampin' Up! holding the flaps together with a strip of washi tape that I knew (once removed) would be covered with the easel.

A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Painter's Palette Gate fold Shaker card.
I assembled the easel as a shaker card but I wanted to include the technique of masking and so... the Thinking of You on the easel with grass in the background.  On a simpler note...

A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Painter's Palette Gate fold Shaker card.
I love shaker cards - so much fun! and you can watch HERE how to create them.

A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Painter's Palette Gate fold Shaker card.
One of my acraftycat team has created this in class...

A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Painter's Palette Gate fold Shaker card.
I am loving the Pear Pizazz on this lovely card...

A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Painter's Palette Gate fold Shaker card.
And Rose's creation in Wisteria Wonder... 
A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Painter's Palette Gate fold Shaker card.
These were cased from my creation for class - I'm really loving brightness of Watermelon Wonder and I cannot wait to put all sorts of things in the easel's frame!

A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Painter's Palette Gate fold Shaker card.
So yes, I'll be using this set with other sets in the future, so stay posted to see what we create!
 
Your Stampin' Up! demonstrator for paper craft,

No comments:

Post a Comment