Monday, June 6, 2016

Stampin' Up! Water Coloured Butterflies KISS

Stampin' Up! Bold Butterfly and Butterflies Thinlits have been a hugely adored in my classes.  This post is another of my KISS (Keep It Simple Sweetheart) layouts where the background of the butterfly has been water coloured.

A Crafty Cat; Stampin' Up! Water colour Butterfly thinlit die
Mary Coloured this one in stunning Night of Navy and wow, loved it so much I had to case it, thanks Mary...

A Crafty Cat; Stampin' Up! Water colour Butterfly thinlit die
The cards were created by choosing a base card and in this case, a Whisper White card face, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch smaller than the card base.
Using the detailed thinlit die image of the larger butterfly, I cut out the butterfly and removed it so there was a window left.
On a rectangular piece of Stampin' Up! water colour paper or Stampin' Up! Shimmer White cardstock, cut larger than the butterfly, but smaller than the card face, I positioned it under the butterfly window and marked where I was going to water colour.
I then got a plate and a couple of drops of reinker colour that coordinated with the base card colour, in the above case, Night of Navy.
A Crafty Cat; Stampin' Up! Water colour Butterfly thinlit die

Using the aqua pen I picked up some reinker and worked from the outer edge of the markings to the centre, allowing the ink to lighten as I came into the centre.  Once I had covered the butterfly area, I allowed the card to dry and positioned it and adhered it to the back of the butterfly window ie card front using sticky strip.

A Crafty Cat; Stampin' Up! Water colour Butterfly thinlit die
I then stamped my sentiment in the coordinating ink colour and adhered the card face onto the card base.

A Crafty Cat; Stampin' Up! Water colour Butterfly thinlit die

The effect is warm, crisp and simply stunning...
A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Water coloured Butterflies thinlit die
Loving our KISS projects created for the new Stampin' Up! catalogue launch? Then please come by again to see more...Have a purrrfectly crafty day,

Your Stampin' Up! demonstrator



No comments:

Post a Comment