Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Backgrounds - Ink Pad Drag

Ink Pad Drag.  I saw this technique on the SU Demonstrator's Stampin Connect web site.  I loved it and when I found out how easy it was, I just had to share.

A taste of Christmas
A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Christmas cards with Dasher stamped in Choc Chip on a Lucky Limade Ink Pad Drag.
This is FUN!
A little one for love...
A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! cards of Love, I used Pool Party ink pad for the drag and stamped
the Stampin' Up! set You are Loved  in Island Indigo
Sale-A-Bration is my favourite time of the year...and in 2013 Feeling Sentimental was and still  is my favourite stamp set. This is why
A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up!  Mellon Mambo with Razzleberry
A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Marina Mist and Early Expresso

Materials :- 
Whisper white card stock, Ink pad and stamp set
Method:-
Step 1 Open ink pad
Step 2 Drag ink pad over paper in one flowing motion
Step 3 Stamp or Powder Emboss image of your choice on background
Step 4 Cut card stock to size and assemble project.

You may need to practice a couple of times before you do it on your card because each time you stop or slow your motion, you get a line (as you can see on the card above).  This is a nice background and so quick and easy to achieve.

Stampin' spots are effective too.  I used a garden green spot randomly stamped to create this background...
A Crafty Cat: Stampin' Up! Button Buddies

Stampin' Up! Button Buddies is a darling set that contains this very cute snail which co-ordinates purrrfectly with Stampin' Up! buttons.  I love this card, my son does too.  So have a play using your ink pads and let me know how you go.

Ink pad drag backgrounds, I hope you like this quick and easy effect.
Happy craftying xx

No comments:

Post a Comment