Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Card 8


Crab and Company (Retired a couple of years ago), one of my favourite, all occassions stamp set from SU.  I have two of these stamp sets (WM) so if you want one let me know.  I dusted off this card, one of the first cards I made.  The card and matching gift card holder was designed by Julie, a friend who encouraged me in my early days of SU and I have to say I LOVE this card.  The colours are Pumpkin Pie coupled with some very old SU DSP.

A Crafty Cat; Stampin' Up! Crab & Co 
A closer look, from a different angle, at the painted eyes...
A Crafty Cat; Stampin' Up! Crab & Co
Now we have googlie eyes (127539) featured in the Holdiay Catalogue , I LOVE them too LOL and what a difference they made to this gift card holder - pull the Jingle shells tag to lift out the card.

This is the gift card holder - pull the jingle shells tag and it reveals the card holding the gift card
This is a simple gift card holder; a piece of A5 card stock scored at 10cm (landscape) for your centre fold, and 21cm to allow you to have a 1cm fold for taping.  It is a pouch and does not open (you can see the seam on the RHS of the photo).
 
It is so nice to receive a gift card in a hand made with love card holder and I think this one is particularly gorgeous.  Thanks Julie for teaching me so many things, colour matching, paper tearing, cutting out such intricate pieces (don't think my hands would allow me to accomplish this now) and card design.  This is one of my treasured cards. 

Hope you enjoy looking at it...

No comments:

Post a Comment